Sunday School still matters. It still assimilates, disciples, evangelizes, trains leaders, and makes a difference. Leadership and training matter if Sunday School is going to matter. I want to recommend a training resource that emphasizes how Sunday School Matters.
This training series will help the Sunday School build, expand, and maintain a healthy Sunday School ministry. Train workers in the skills needed to grow Sunday School and bring vibrancy to your church. Featuring a dozen video training sessions from outstanding national leaders, Sunday School Matters covers leadership, vision, teaching, evangelism, care, and structure for this vital component of a healthy church.
Sunday School Matters Leader Kit includes 10 Study Guides and two DVD-ROMs with a dozen 20 to 33-minute teaching sessions. See the session titles and leaders below:
- Leadership Matters – Allan Taylor, LifeWay Christian Resources (Nashville, Tenn.)
- Vision Matters – David Francis, LifeWay Christian Resources (Nashville, Tenn.)
- Souls Matter – Bob Mayfield, Baptist General Convention of Oklahoma (Oklahoma City, Okla)
- Teaching Matters – Ken Coley, Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary (Wake Forest, N.C.)
- Transformation Matters – Eric Geiger, LifeWay Christian Resources (Nashville, Tenn.)
- Curriculum Matters – Dan Cook, Spotswood Baptist Church (Fredericksburg, Va.)
- Ministry Matters – Ben Pritchett, Houston’s First Baptist (Houston, Texas)
- Organization Matters – Eugene McCormick, Shiloh Metropolitan Baptist Church (Jacksonville, Fla.)
- Assimilation Matters – Thom Rainer, LifeWay Christian Resources (Nashville, Tenn.)
- Growth Matters – Carter Shotwell, Lake Pointe Church (Rockwall, Texas)
- Groups Matter – Bruce Raley, First Baptist Church (Hendersonville, Tenn.)
- Now Matters – Allan Taylor, LifeWay Christian Resources (Nashville, Tenn.)
I encourage you to secure the kit along with a book for each of your Sunday School teachers and workers. Set up a time and format that works with your leaders. Make disciples. Be revolutionary!