With all of life’s recent changes, Sunday School still matters! It connects, evangelizes, and disciples people. Because the work of Sunday School is so important, training is needed for every leader.
Sunday School is crucial to growth and discipleship in the local church, but it’s easy to neglect the training that is needed to be effective. This Saturday, March 13 event can help! You and your leaders (preschool, children, students, and adults) will be stretched and leave better equipped to make a difference.
Sunday School still matters
- Pastors say that 50-100% of lost adults accept Jesus within 12 months of attending Sunday School.
- Research by Thom Rainer of LifeWay has shown that 83% of people attending Sunday School participate in church five years later while only 16% of those not in Sunday School do.
- Research has shown that growing Sunday Schools have leaders that train in essential areas: prayer, care, invitations, new members, more workers, new classes, etc.
Plan a training party!
Provide childcare. Plan a meal (Baptists like to eat). Ask for lots of help–the more who have jobs, the more who have to attend. Give away prizes. Keep everyone safe: plan seating 6′ apart, encourage masks, etc.
Schedule for Saturday, March 13 (times listed are Eastern time zone; sessions about 40 minutes each, allowing breaks for questions, conversation, and restrooms):
- 9:30 AM Session 1
- 10:30 AM Session 2
- 11:30 AM Session 3
- 12:30 PM Lunch
Access available online or by download
If you have internet at church, stream the video in four separate rooms. If your church does not have internet for four rooms, you will receive access to the training videos for download on Monday, March 8. An alternative would be for each age group to meet in a home. Suggestion: check all connections early to ensure a great experience.
Pastors, Directors, and Adult Teachers
Sessions 1-2: Sunday School as Strategy: The church has a mission – the Great Commission given by the Lord Jesus Himself. What the church needs is a strategy to fulfill that mission. This will show how Sunday School is that strategy.
Session 3: A Franchising Sunday School: Like McDonald’s, Sunday School needs to expand and franchise herself. This is about staring new groups: why start them, when to start them, and how to start them.
Special Guests for Each Age Group
- Allan Taylor, Concord First Baptist Church, Knoxville, TN (pastors/staff, Sunday School directors, adult teachers)
- Jonathan Chapman, First Baptist Church, Owensboro (youth teachers)
- Ryan Morris, Ninth & O Baptist Baptist Church, Louisville (children’s teachers)
- Crystal Townsend, Valley Creek Baptist Church, Elizabethtown (preschool teachers)
This cost for this training is greatly reduced because of the Cooperative Program giving of Kentucky Baptist churches. The cost is only $5 per person, or $25 maximum per church. Registration deadline is March 12. Press the Register button to sign up your group now.