Jeff Foxworthy is famous for his You Might Be A Redneck comedy routines. Let me interject some truth with humor about teachers. As a teacher you might be unprepared . . .
- if you show up on Sunday morning without your Bible or teacher’s book.
- if you remembered to study your lesson on the way to church.
- if you forgot to pray for the people and the lesson.
- if you started studying your lesson so late in the week that you missed noticing several life illustrations throughout the week that God provided.
- if you showed up 10 minutes late for class and the room was a disaster.
- if you arrived in class only to discover it was the wrong class.
- if you arrived in class on time to start but could not find the resources needed to do the learning activities you were planning to do.
- if you show up in class dressed in your robe and curlers.
- if you studied the wrong lesson.
- if you keep teaching the same lesson each week.
- if you keep telling the same stories over and over again.
- if you have the closing prayer and discover you still have 30 minutes until worship.
- if you allow stories about the ball game to last until you only have 10 minutes to teach.
- if on Sunday you cannot find Habakkuk in your Bible.
- if you talk about the Business Meeting (or you name it) for the entire hour.
- if you actually encourage the class to chase rabbits.
Let me challenge you to be revolutionary teachers who are always prepared! (If you have any additions to my “You Might Be Unprepared” routine, press the Comments button below.)