WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT? When we enroll people in Sunday School and provide consistent care for them through the class, about half of them will attend during group time (40% in larger churches and 60% in smaller churches). To increase class attendance, we need to increase our enrollment AND our care. And everyone needs to be part of the effort!
Without an emphasis on enrolling new people, classes will not grow and fewer people will be reached. Your leadership and example matter.
WHAT DO I DO? Enroll people anytime, anywhere. How? Consider these ideas:
- Training. Teach your class about the value and benefits of enrollment. Help them to consider doing so on regular life paths throughout the week.
- Terms. Change your conversation from enrolling people to adding people to your class care list.
- Prayer. Spend time praying together about reaching new class members.
- Goal. Together set a goal for the number of new class members you want to add this year.
- Plans. Make plans for how to invite, reach, and care for new members.
- Challenge. Print simple class care list invitations. Regularly give them to your class to share with friends, relatives, associates, and neighbors.
- Fellowships. Invite people to fellowships, projects, and meals. Ask if you can add them to your class care list.
- Evaluate. Take time often to talk about progress on your goal and plans.
- Communicate. Remind frequently.
There are tons more ideas for enrolling anytime, anywhere. Press Comments and share your ideas.