In a recent post entitled Early Moment Opportunities I shared keys before and after starting. In this post, I want to focus even more on 5 keys before Sunday School class begins. These keys impact your preparation for what God will do on Sunday. Consider the following:
- Bible Study and Prayer. When we open God’s Word, He speaks. We come to Him in His Word listening to that still small voice. We expect a message for us first and then for them. When He speaks, God expects a response. Prayer is a response to what God has said. Personal commitment and obedience are next responses for us personally.
- Expectancy. When we meet God personally in Bible study, we desire that same experience in the lives of attenders on Sunday. When we adjusted our lives to what God said, we understand He also desires adjustment in the lives of class members and guests. That sense of expectancy changes what happens on Sunday morning.
- Early Arrival. When we believe God is going to move in people’s lives, it fills us with anticipation. We arrive early to make sure everything is ready. We enter in a spirit of prayer and prayerwalk the space.
- Teaching Space Preparation. Early arrival allows for addressing all distractions. Trash is removed. Chairs are arranged. Temperature is adjusted. Early arrival also prepares for creating interest and getting minds on the truth for the day.
- Fellowship. When the space and lesson are ready, it is easy to focus on the people as they enter. Eye contact, smiles, and good listening bring welcome and trust. Prayer requests can be heard and prayed for. Good news can be celebrated. Members and guests can be welcomed.
How are you doing on these 5 keys? On which of them would more attention produce even more results? What do you need to do differently to ensure that Sunday’s lesson results in the life-change God desires for you and for the class? Make the most of these moment before class starts. Make disciples. Be revolutionary!