My friends (state Sunday School directors) have a great emphases going this month on the Sunday School Leader blog. The emphasis is the title for this post: “31 Days to a Better Teacher.” Here are the major areas being addressed during January there:
- personal preparation and study of the teacher,
- introducing and involving your group in Bible study,
- teaching for content, and
- teaching for application.
Already this month, some great posts have been written:
- Resolving to Pray, Study, and Prepare
- No More Saturday Night Specials!
- 31 Days to Becoming A Better Teacher
- The Best I’ve Seen!
- First Stop, Bookends, or Flavoring
- The Four Elements of a Life-Changing Lesson
Pastor or Sunday School director, consider subscribing to the blog so you won’t miss a single blog post in the January series. You can do that easily by entering your email address on the right of the screen. I want to challenge you to print some of the posts and share them with your teachers this month. If you are a teacher, I would challenge you to take steps to involve your class more in the teaching-learning experience as a result of this series.
Remember the admonition of James 3:1 (NIV):
Not many of you should presume to be teachers, my brothers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly.
Let’s give God our best effort. Let’s stop teaching lessons and start making disciples. Be revolutionary!