In most churches, a new year for Sunday School begins in August or September. In the previous post, Sunday School Teacher New Year Checklist, I listed 14 tasks for the new year, and praying for the new year was the first. Here is how I closed that post:
Keep in mind that the year will likely be even greater if you enlist help in accomplishing the items on this list. Pray. Start well.Sunday School Teacher New Year Checklist
As you begin the year, don’t forget whose sheep are in your care. Don’t forget that this is spiritual work, and don’t ignore the One who will give you the help, courage, and power you need to carry out the work. Whatever role you have in Sunday School, invite your team to join you in praying for the year.
Praying for the New Year
Include the following in your prayers for this year. Pray for…
- A strong, growing personal relationship with Him,
- God’s leadership and blessing,
- Wisdom, courage, and compassion,
- Every person involved in Sunday School (members and leaders),
- New people for whom to provide care for Him,
- The unconnected to become disciples,
- Disciples to mature and become disciple-makers,
- God to send workers into the harvest through the Sunday School,
- New groups to start, and
- Life-changing lessons and plans.
What would you add to this prayer list? Add it. Gather your team. Pray together. Watch as God works and blesses. Be careful to give Him the praise and thanks He deserves! And continue your conversation with God throughout the year.
Leave a Reply