My peers (Mid South Discipleship Group) and I updated a great resource by Kiely Young. The book is entitled A Coach’s Guide to Sunday School. We wrote the book for the pastor and Sunday School director, and you can download a PDF version of A Coach’s Guide.
No Sunday School operates well for very long without good coaching. Sunday School can be a great tool for helping the church carry out her God-given vision. This book is written to make Sunday School coaching practical and effective, and you will want to get a copy of A Coach’s Guide for your pastor and director.
To give you a quick overview, here are the chapters of the 43-page book:
- Preface: What do you want your Sunday School to do?
- 1: Vision (by Sean Keith)
- 2: The Team (by Daniel Edmonds)
- 3: Discovering and Enlisting Workers (by Wayne Etheridge)
- 4: Coaching Teachers (by David Bond)
- 5: Outreach (by Kiely Young)
- 6: Inreach (by Jeff Ingram)
- 7: Planning (by Darryl Wilson)
- 8: New Groups (by Bob Mayfield)
- 9: Getting Started (by Tim Smith).
Download a PDF version of A Coach’s Guide to Sunday School. Study it together with your pastor or director. Determine your next steps. Coach your Sunday School to accomplish your God-given vision.
I am planning Sunday School Coach training events here in Kentucky in 2019. Interested in hosting? I want to be in every association across the state. Contact me to set up an event or to order low-cost printed copies of A Coach’s Guide by making your request in Comments.
Coaching matters. Vision and leadership matters. The team matters. Enlist and train well. Develop relationships. Plan for progress. Watch as God blesses. Make disciples. Be revolutionary!
Leave a Reply